Prize Support Tokens
U-Con is proud to continue our tradition of offering a unique gaming experience. As part of that, we offer prizes to participants of our events, and we maintain a library of games. We were pleased to extend our prize support policy to even more gamers this year. As with this past year, the library will continue to travel to monthly events so that you can enjoy gaming more than once a year.
We are able to offer prizes and maintain our library of games because of the contributions of many generous companies. Please join us in thanking the library and prize donors for 2014:
– Staff, U-Con 2014
Attendance figures for 2014 are in!
Total Attendance: 741
- 2014: 741
- 2013: 633
- 2012: 528
If you enjoyed U-Con this year, please bring a friend next year!
U-Con 2015, November 20-22
Marriott Ann Arbor Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
See you soon!
Thank you to our visiting lords!
Lord of Waterdeep Rodney Thompson, Lord of Fate Lenny Balsera, and Lord of Vegas James Ernest
U-Con has updated its Prize Support (PS) policy. More events are eligible for PS this year and we are adding special Drawings for some of the prizes!
U-Con Prize Tokens
Event Eligibility, Updated for 2014
In order to receive a Prize Token, an event must meet these criteria:
- Event tickets are not free.
- Has 3+ players with Event tickets or PGAW ribbons.
- GM has not made other PS arrangements with U-Con (e.g. tournaments).
Note that groups such as Pathfinder Society will be eligible for Prize Tokens (check w/Group Leaders for their individual availability).
Using Prize Tokens
- Prize Tokens may be traded directly for prizes or used to participate in Drawings.
- Each prize which may be earned by trading Prize Tokens will be labeled with the number of required Prize Tokens.
- Alternately, each Prize Token may be turned in for 3 Drawing tickets into one or more of our prize Drawings.
- Prize Tokens from previous U-Con will be honored. As before, Prize Tokens retain their value into next U-Con and may be used to trade for the next U-Con’s PS.
Drawings, New for 2014
Drawing tickets may be accrued in two ways:
- Claim a Drawings ticket with your badge at Ops (during Ops hours).
- Trade 1 Prize Token for 3 Drawings tickets at Ops (during Ops hours).
Some prizes will be slotted for Drawings instead of Prize Token trade. Each prize will be labeled with a designated time for the individual prize’s Drawing, with some taking place each day. Any prize with no Drawings ticket entries at its drawing time will be rescheduled for another, new Drawing, if time permits at the discretion of U-Con.
Winning ticket numbers for each Drawing will be posted at Ops. Please check the prize listings. Winners must have the matching ticket stub to claim their prize. Prizes must be picked up by the close of Ops on the day of the Drawing. If the prize is not picked up, its Drawing will be rescheduled for another, new Drawing, if time permits at the discretion of U-Con.
Prizes are available during Ops hours. Please note that events run past the end of Ops hours, so GMs running later games may wish to award Prize Tokens early and take a break so the winner can pick out a prize.
- On Sunday, the number of Prize Tokens required for direct prize trade will be reduced. The policy for Drawings will remain the same.
- The stock of prizes which can be traded for Prize Tokens will be replenished as space and inventory permits.
- Concerns about PS policy should be raised with the Ops Captain (or to the Chair during Sunday’s Feedback Session). Please do not complain to our Volunteer Event Runners. They are only doing what we told them!
Our Venue: Eagle Crest information has been updated!
The registration desk is adjacent to the stairs to the 2nd floor, and the elevator is just behind the stairs. Board games and miniatures will primarily be downstairs in the Ballroom and adjoining space. Roleplaying Games will primarily be upstairs in the Conference area. We have added 3 additional small rooms for RPGs on the second floor. Exhibitors will be in Auditorium 2 near registration on the first floor. The Ballroom and some Conference rooms will remain open for late night open gaming!
- Ballroom: Board Games, Miniatures, and Amorphous Blob Games (details below)
- Atrium: Auction, and lunch & dinner seating
- Conference A: Special events, LARP, The Smithee Awards, and The Gamers: Dorkness Rising
- Conference B: Roleplaying events including Fate Track
- Conference C: OSR Track
- Conference D: Living Arcanis and Game Base 7 Wolverines
- Conference E: Roleplaying events including We Hate Bards
- Conference F: Adventurers League
- Conference G-H: Pathfinder Society
- Board Room: Guest of Honor Events
- Seminar 1: Seminars and roleplaying events
- Seminar 2: Roleplaying
- Seminar 3: Here be dragons…
- Seminar 4: Roleplaying
- Seminar 5: Tekumel Track
2014 tee shirt art was finalized today:
You can preorder one until Friday Nov 7 at Midnight!
Artwork provided by Wizards of the Coast. This event is not administrated, sponsored, or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast.
The con book PDF is available on the Program page, which is also where errata will be posted.
Here are a few tidbits about this year:
- Thursday night preregistration pickup returns in the Marriott Lobby 8pm – 9pm!
- The food stand will be open for breakfast on Friday 8:30am – 10am
- Registration opens at 9am on Friday
- The Exhibitor Hall will open on Friday Nov 14 at 2pm
Select your game on our website and pick up your tickets at the door! Online registration is available until Friday, Nov 7. After that we will be completing last minute preparations for the convention!
Did you know you can browse events at our website on your smart phone?
Our list of events will remain available during the convention. While you can no longer purchase event tickets by the website, you can view the list of events. We will keep the sold out star marks updated throughout the con so you’ll know right away if an event is sold out. We will also add the event locations, so you’ll know that the game you want to play is in Conference A.
See you soon!
Here are a few random images from U-Con 2013. Go to Photos 2013 to see more!