U-Con Gaming Convention
November 11-13, 2016
Marriott Ann Arbor Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
1275 South Huron Street, Ypsilanti Township, MI
Thursday soft opening: Preregistration pickup on Thursday Nov 10 8pm-9pm in the Marriott Lobby
|Friday, Nov 11||Saturday, Nov 12||Sunday, Nov 13|
Slot 1: 9am
Slot 2: 2pm
Slot 3: 8pm
Slot 4: 9am
Slot 5: 2pm
Slot 6: 8pm
Slot 7: 9am
Slot 8: 2pm
Participating in any event at U-Con requires a badge and may also require an event ticket. Generic tickets may substitute for event tickets as space allows. The generic ribbon, which says “Play Games All Weekend,” substitutes for any number of generic tickets, making it a good deal for people not looking for specific events.
- Weekend $30 at the door, $25 preregistration
- Friday $15
- Saturday $25 at the door, $20 preregistration
- Sunday $15
- Child Weekend ages 7-12 $10, children 6 & under are free with an accompanying adult
Event ticket prices vary and are an additional cost.
- U-Con Logo Bag: $12
- 2016 Shirt (M, L, XL): $20
- 2016 Shirt (2XL, 3XL): $22
- Thurs Sept 15: event submission closes for prereg
- Approximately Sun Sept 18: events preview available
- Approximately Wed Sept 21: preregistration opens
- Tues Sept 20: event submission closes
- Fri Oct 14: last day to reserve your room at the Marriott
- Sun Oct 30: preregistration closes at 11:59 pm
- Mon Oct 31: online registration opens with onsite prices
- Wed Nov 2: online registration closes
- Thurs Nov 10: optional preregistration pickup 8-9pm
- Nov 11-13: U-Con Gaming Convention 2016!
- Preregistration purchases may be refunded up to one day before the start of the convention.
- Badges and generic ribbons are not refundable.
- Event tickets can be refunded up to the start of the event.
- Generic tickets are refundable until registration closes.
Why volunteer? U-Con, as a non-profit, only exists through the hard, awesome work of its volunteers. And we have incentives.
How do I register to volunteer this year? Contact us!
Some of our games this year have prize support provided by the Envoy program from Double Exposure. When you play in a participating game, you are entered for a raffle to win the play copy. See the Envoy table in the Ballroom for details.
Most other events are in the U-Con prize pool. Each eligible event will receive a U-Con prize token for one of the players. In cases where there is not a clear game winner, the method of selecting the event winner is up to the gamemaster, for example a player vote or dice roll. Tokens may be traded for prizes at registration, and some of them require multiple tokens. Thanks to the generosity of many fine companies, we have a very nice selection of prizes.
Gamemasters, we place a few restrictions on events which are eligible for prize support. Please see your event worksheet. Unscheduled demos, free events, and events where part of the ticket price pays for prizes do not qualify for U-Con prizes.
U-Con accepts game donations for our Games Library and for Prize Support. All donation are acknowledged on our website. Please contact us if you wish to donate.
We hope you’ll join us to make this convention the biggest and best so far.