U-Con Gaming Convention
November 17-19, 2017
Marriott Ann Arbor Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
1275 South Huron Street, Ypsilanti Township, MI
Thursday soft opening: Preregistration pickup in the Marriott Lobby 8pm-9pm
|Friday, Nov 17||Saturday, Nov 18||Sunday, Nov 19|
Slot 1: 9am
Slot 2: 2pm
Slot 3: 8pm
Slot 4: 9am
Slot 5: 2pm
Slot 6: 8pm
Slot 7: 9am
Slot 8: 2pm
Participating in any event at U-Con requires a badge and may also require an event ticket. Generic tickets may substitute for event tickets as space allows. The generic ribbon, which says “Play Games All Weekend,” substitutes for any number of generic tickets, making it a good deal for people not looking for specific events.
- Weekend $35 at the door, $25 preregistration
- Friday $15
- Saturday $25 at the door, $20 preregistration
- Sunday $15
- Student and Military Weekend at the door $25
- Child Weekend ages 7-12 $10, children 6 & under are free with an accompanying adult
Event ticket prices vary and are an additional cost. Play Games All Weekend Ribbons are $20.
- U-Con Logo Bag: $12
- 2017 Shirt (M, L, XL): TBD
- 2017 Shirt (2XL, 3XL): TBD
Important Dates (updated for 2017, subject to change)
- Sept 1: events due for prereg
- Approximately Sept 12: events preview available. *Update: coming soon, probably week of 9/18!*
- Approximately Sept 15: preregistration opens *Update: will open following event preview!*
- Oct 2: event submission closes
- Oct 16: last day to reserve your room at the Marriott
- Nov 3: preregistration closes at 11:59 pm
- Nov 4: online registration opens with onsite prices
- Nov 9 11:59pm: online registration closes (*updated from Nov 10)
- Thursday Nov 16: optional preregistration pickup 8-9pm
- Friday, November 17th: U-Con Gaming Convention 2017!
- Preregistration purchases may be refunded up to one day before the start of the convention.
- Badges and generic ribbons are not refundable.
- Event tickets can be refunded up to the start of the event.
- Generic tickets are refundable until registration closes.
Why volunteer? U-Con, as a non-profit, only exists through the hard, awesome work of its volunteers. And we have incentives.
How do I register to volunteer this year? Contact us!
- Browse Events Online
- Download the Con Book
Some of our games this year have prize support provided by the Envoy program from Double Exposure. When you play in a participating game, you are entered for a raffle to win the play copy. See the Envoy table in the Ballroom for details.
Most other events are in the U-Con prize pool. Each eligible event will receive a U-Con prize token for one of the players. In cases where there is not a clear game winner, the method of selecting the event winner is up to the gamemaster, for example a player vote or dice roll. Tokens may be traded for prizes at registration, and some of them require multiple tokens. Thanks to the generosity of many fine companies, we have a very nice selection of prizes.
Gamemasters, we place a few restrictions on events which are eligible for prize support. Please see your event worksheet. Unscheduled demos, free events, and events where part of the ticket price pays for prizes do not qualify for U-Con prizes.
U-Con accepts game donations for our Games Library and for Prize Support. All donation are acknowledged on our website. Please contact us if you wish to donate.
We hope you’ll join us to make this convention the biggest and best so far.