First Ever U-Con Shelter in Place Pandemic Scavenger Hunt: The Game
Michigan just extended the Stay at Home order until June 12th, although some restrictions have been lifted. So this Memorial Day, how would you like to play along with the rest of the U-Con Community and do a Scavenger Hunt at Home? Here is a list of scavenger hunt items that should be fun and fairly easy to find without leaving your front door (unless, like the Games Library, most of your games live in storage). Enjoy playing and please feel free to post answers over at U-Con’s Facebook Community Page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ucongamingcommunity/?ref=share) and show us what you have. Plus, there are points so bragging rights will be awarded to people with points.
- Don’t Lose the Lore (5 points): Recount a memorable line someone said from a game you’ve played.
- These are My Dice. There are Many Dice Like Them but These are MY Dice: Pic of your dice bag (5 points. +2 bonus points if it’s something OTHER than a Crown Royal bag).
- Worth a Thousand Words: Pic of your RPG library. (5 points. +2 bonus points if you have more than 10 systems represented (all your D&D 2ed count as 1 system. 3.5ed would count as a second system)).
- That’s Where I Keep all My Stuff! Pic of your game shelves (5 points. +2 bonus points if they are organized in a Kalax).
- The van Gogh of Gaming: Pic of your favorite game illustration (5 points).
- These are a Few of My Favorite Things: Your favorite dice/game piece (5 points. +2 bonus points for the story that goes along with why these are your favorite).
- This will go Down on Your Permanent Record: Your least favorite dice/game piece (5 points. +2 bonus points for the story of why you hate them).
- I Know You are but What am I? Pic of a game you own that is also in the Games Library (Inventory here: https://www.ucon-gaming.org/games-library-days/u-con-games-library/) (5 points. +2 bonus points if you have more than 10 games in common).
- A Gamer Rolls on Their Stomach: A pic of your favorite gaming snack(s) (5 points. +2 bonus points if it’s something you made).
- Badges! We Don’t Need no Stinking Badges! Post a pic of your U-Con badge (5 points. +2 bonus points for more than 5 U-Con badges).
- Wait. I Own That?!? A pic of the game you’ve been meaning to play but have never taken out of the shrink wrap. (5 points. +2 bonus points if you take a pic of it de-shrink wrapped because you are finally playing it).
- Wait. I Still Own That?!? Post a pic of a game you didn’t think you still had a copy of (5 points).
- The Monet of Minis: Picture of a painted mini (5 points. +2 bonus points if you painted it yourself).
- Dress for Success: Show us a pic of a gaming related t-shirt. (5 points. +2 bonus points if it’s a U-Con t-shirt).
- A Game So Nice They Named It Twice. Post a pic of a game you liked so much you bought another copy for a friend (5 points. +2 bonus points if you have bought more than 5 games in this manner).
- Alpha and Omega Pic of the newest game you own and the oldest game you own. (5 points. +2 bonus points if the difference is more than half your age).
- We Roll Old School: Pic of a paper copy of a character you’ve played in an RPG game. (5 points. +2 bonus points if there are margin scribbles because “You will print out an updated copy right after the next session. Honest this time. It’s totally gonna happen!”)
- SCORE! Extra Bonus Points: Pic of a game you own that has the biggest difference between max number of players and min number of players. Add that total to your score!